Download Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard 10.6.3:
Better, faster, easier
Snow Leopard enhances your entire Mac experience. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use.
* Activate Exposé right from the Dock.
* Wake from sleep and shut down your Mac faster than before.
* Install it more quickly and get back 7GB of disk space.
* Enjoy dozens more refinements for everything from iChat to Preview and more.
New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
* 64-bit support, the next big step for the Mac. All key system applications are now 64-bit so they can take advantage of all the memory in your Mac.
* Grand Central Dispatch, a revolutionary new way for software to get the most from multicore processors.
* OpenCL, a new technology that unleashes the power of graphics processors to accelerate application performance.
As the next generation of media players, it’s built on new core technologies and advances modern media and Internet standards.
* Watch your videos in a clean, uncluttered interface with the new QuickTime Player.
* Record audio or video using the built-in iSight camera and microphone in your Mac.
* Trim your media to the perfect length.
* Easily publish your media to MobileMe or YouTube.
support for Microsoft Exchange
Mac OS X Snow Leopard delivers built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server, something even Windows PCs don’t have.
* Use your Mac at home and at work and have all your messages, meetings, and contacts in one place.
* Easily set it up using the Autodiscovery feature in Exchange.
* Use Mail, iCal, and Address Book to access your work email, calendars, and the Global Address List alongside your personal accounts.
* Take advantage of powerful Mac OS X features such as Spotlight, Quick Look, data detectors, and more.
* Use Top Sites to view your favorite websites at a glance, see which ones have been updated, and visit them in a click.
* Complete search queries as you type with built-in Google Suggest.
* Flip through full-page previews of your browsing history in Cover Flow the same way you flip through album art in iTunes.
Every Mac comes with built-in technologies designed to help people with disabilities experience it. Innovations in Snow Leopard advance accessibility even further.
* Control your Mac using gestures on your Multi-Touch trackpad. And when you drag your finger across the trackpad, VoiceOver speaks the items you touch so you know how they’re arranged on the screen.
* Snow Leopard includes support for over 40 braille display models, including Bluetooth models.
* New accessibility features make web browsing easier, faster, and more enjoyable.
Mac computer with an Intel processor, 1GB of memory, 5GB of available disk space, DVD drive for installation
* an issue that might cause your system to logout unexpectedly
* a graphics distortion in Safari Top Sites
* Spotlight search results not showing Exchange contacts
* a problem that prevented authenticating as an administrative user
* issues when using NTFS and WebDAV file servers
* the reliability of menu extras
* an issue with the 4-finger swipe gesture
* an issue that causes Mail to quit unexpectedly when setting up an Exchange server
* Address Book becoming unresponsive when editing
* a problem adding images to contacts in Address Book
* an issue that prevented opening files downloaded from the Internet
* Safari plug-in reliability
* general reliability improvements for iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, MobileMe, and iDisk
* an issue that caused data to be deleted when using a guest account
Install using DVD-DL [Dual Layer]:
- Mount the "Mac OS X Install DVD.iso"
- Open Disk Utility.
- Select the .iso image (Mac OS X Install DVD).
- Click "Burn" to burn on your dual layer DVD.
- Restart your Mac and hold button 'c' to boot from the DVD.
- Follow the instructions to install Snow Leopard 10.6.3
- Plug in your USB Flash Drive/External Hard Drive.
- Mount the "Mac OS X Install DVD.iso"
- Open Disk Utility and select your USB Flash Drive/External Hard Drive from the drive list on the left.
- Under "Volume Scheme", Select "1 Partition." and hit the "Option" button at the bottom of the map.
- A window will pop-up, select the "GUID Partition Table" option.
- Once its done, navigate to the "Restore" tab.
- From the drive list on the left, drag the mounted Snow Leopard .iso to the "Source" field, and drag your USB Flash Drive/External Hard Drive to the "Destination" field.
- Click "Restore."
- Close Disk Utility, Open up System Preferences. Under "System," choose "Startup Disk,"
- Your USB Flash Drive/External Hard Drive should be listed as the Snow Leopard installation disk. Select and click "Restart."
- Install Snow Leopard 10.6.3